Windows application that generates slideshows for all your photos stored on your NMT device, or accessible from your NMT device.
Do you like this software? Consider a donation to aid future development!
(PayPal account not required)
Updated: 2011-11-07: Version 1.4.1. For changelog, see below.
- It creates an HTML menu which shows all your folders which contains photos
- When you select a folder, a preview thumbnail is shown for the first (or last) photo in that folder
- For each folder, you can start a slideshow in regular order, or in random order
- Each slideshow contains the photos from the selected folder, and it's subfolders
- You can use your own music to play in the background while viewing the slideshow
- Or, you can use a playlist maintained by Music Jukebox for your background music
- Each folder can have it's own background music, or use the default background music.
- Microsoft Windows based PC
- Photo Jukebox installation files available here
- NMT Apps installed on the NMT (necessary for the shuffle/random displaying. Regular play works fine without it)
- Optionally, Music Jukebox for maintaining your playlists
- Download the zip file
- Extract the zip file somewhere to your PC
- Use an editor to edit the photojukebox.cfg file, making sure the path to your photo's is specified correctly twice: once as seen from your PC, and once as seen as from your NMT device
- Also specify the output folder twice: once as seen from your PC, and once as seen from your NMT device.
- (the photojukebox.cfg file contains some helpful hints)
- Browse through the photojukebox.cfg to change other settings to your liking, and save it.
- Start the photo jukebox generator, by double clicking on generate_photojukebox.bat
- On your NMT device, browse to the folder where the PhotoJukebox output files are stored, and start photos.html
- folders with quotes (') in the name resulted in no thumbnail previews to be shown
- better handling of photo's without exif orientation info
- added pagination, with page up, page down, and home icons
- added folder thumbnail preview. Can be disabled, and thumbnail size is configurable.
- new and recently added playlists were not shown when display_style was set to 'single-level'.
- New and Recent photos playlists added
- added command line option to specify which config file to use
- added 2 autostart html files in html subfolder: one to start playing all photos, and 1 to start playing all photos in shuffle mode upon loading of the file. No need to press a button to actually start the photo show.
- Navigation by number (TVID) support added: enter the digits in front of the foldername, and add a '1' to play the photos, or add a '2' to play photos randomly, or add a '3' to open the folder.
- To play all photos in order, enter: 11.
- To play all photos randomly, enter: 12.
- now prints program banner (name and version) at program start
- minor fixes for accented characters in filenames (using byte-order-mark in HTML)
- program crash when no background music is configured.
- configurable time for photo display
- added configurable configfile encoding for correctly handling accented characters
- added a progress indicator, showing the number of photos and folders found so far
- if a playlist file (*.jsp) is found in a folder, it will be used for playing background music for that folder and all folders below it. If no playlist file is found, the default music playlist will be used.
- create a file for new NMJ to not index the created output folder
- now correctly handles accented characters in folder and filenames, like: é, á, ö
- folder sort option: ascending or descending
- new option to either have 1 large folder list (all-in-one), or a list which shows only 1 level of children (single-level)
- each folder displays the number of subfolders
- folders with ( or ) in their names
- folder sorting in natural order: [ 1, 2, 11 ]. Previously, it sorted like this: [ 1, 11, 2]